Arizona Solar Facts:
The desert. Hot, dry and punishing sun all year round. Arizona is synonymous with deserts and a sweltering heat all year long. So it naturally makes sense that Solar Panels are popular in Arizona. How popular you ask? Arizona is ranked third nation wide in solar panel usage, which is even more impressive when you consider they’re only the 14th most populated state in the country. At this point there are nearly one million households in Arizona powered by solar panels. Cities such as Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Tucson, Mesa, Yuma, Glendale, Flagstaff and other areas all across the state are powering the expansion of solar.
Solar Energy accounts for over 6% of all electricity used in the state. Which may not sound like a lot, but is an impressive feat for a technology thats been around for only just over a decade. And believe it or not, the cost of going solar in Arizona has actually declined over 55% the last five years, 55%! And in addition to that, the cost to go solar is $0 up front, $0 for install. That’s just one of the many benefits to going solar in the Arizona. Check out our list below of just some of the advantages to installing solar panels on your home.
Take advantage of all the financial incentives such as:
- 30% Federal Tax Credit (ITC Tax Credit). In 2019 the credit is 30% and in 2020 it goes to a 26% tax credit. So act now and take advantage of the 30% tax credit while it’s available
- You can have your system paid off within 8-12 years if you choose to finance, and then your energy cost will be essentially $0 per month
- There are both leasing and financing options available, so we can come up with an option that best fits your situation
- The main utility companies switching to solar are: Arizona Public Service, Salt River Project, Tucson Electric, UniSource Energy and many others. And don’t worry, if there’s a power outage or downed line, your utility company will still handle the problem just like they do now
- Energy rates typically increase 4% a year through utility companies. With solar, you are locking in a fixed rate that cannot increase. Thus, protecting you from an increase in rates from your utility company
- Currently, there are over 460 Solar Companies in Arizona. That’s why it is vital to work with Tru Power Solar Energy because we know the best of the best and will only put you in contact with the highest reviewed solar companies. That way you can avoid the headaches of potentially dealing with a subpar solar company
- If you sell your home and own the solar system, it will add value to your home. Because who doesn’t like adding value to their home?
- If you sell your home before the system is paid off, the new homeowners can take over the loan agreement or put the remainder of the loan balance in the cost of the home.
There has never been a better time to consider going solar in Arizona. Did you know that Phoenix, Yuma and Tucson all see over 85% sunshine during the daylight hours year round? This makes them in the top 5 of sunniest places in the entire country. Now is the time to consider putting all that sunshine to use. Don’t wait, reach out to Tru Power Solar Energy today and let us put you in touch with a solar company near you who can show you what you can save by going solar.