North Carolina Solar Facts:
Solar is one of the fastest growing industries in the United States, and is becoming more and more prominent among states country wide, particularly in the south. A perfect example is that North Carolina ranks 2nd among all the states in the country as far as installed solar panels. Cities such as Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro, Durham, Wilmington and other areas all across the state are leading the solar explosion in North Carolina. North Carolina’s solar industry grew rapidly due to the efforts of the state’s Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standard (REPS) and strong state policy and regulatory support. A big misunderstanding among people is that solar is too expensive to obtain and install. A little known fact is that the price of solar has fallen over 47% in the last five years. And in addition to that, the cost to go solar is $0 up front, $0 for install. That’s just one of the many benefits to going solar in North Carolina. Check out our list below of just some of the advantages to installing solar panels on your home. Take advantage of all the financial incentives such as:
· Energy rates typically increase 4% a year through utility companies. With solar, you are locking in a fixed rate that cannot increase. Thus, protecting you from an increase in rates from your utility company
· You can have your system paid off within 8-12 years if you choose to finance, and then your energy cost will be essentially $0 per month.
· There are both leasing and financing options available, so we can come up with an option that best fits your situation
· The main utility companies switching to solar are: Duke Energy, Energy United, Blue Ridge Energy, Roanoke Electric Cooperative and Dominion North Carolina Power. And don’t worry, if there’s a power outage or downed line, your utility company will still handle the problem just like they do now
· 30% Federal Tax Credit (ITC Tax Credit). In 2019 the credit is 30% and in 2020 it goes to a 26% tax credit. So act now and take advantage of the 30% tax credit while it’s available
· Currently, there are over 200 Solar Companies in North Carolina. That’s why it is vital to work with Tru Power Solar Energy because we know the best of the best and will only put you in contact with the highest reviewed solar companies. That way you can avoid the headaches of potentially dealing with a subpar solar company.
· If you sell your home and own the solar system, it will add value to your home. Because who doesn’t like adding value to their home?
· If you sell your home before the system is paid off, the new homeowners can take over the loan agreement or put the remainder of the loan balance in the cost of the home. So as you can see, there are many reasons to take advantage of going solar in North Carolina. It’s not just home owners taking advantage of the savings of Solar. Many retailers in North Carolina have gone solar as well, including Apple, IKEA and SAS. Solar is already extremely popular in North Carolina and will only get bigger from here. Don’t wait, reach out to Tru Power Solar Energy today and let us put you in touch with a solar company near you who can show you what you can save by going solar.