South Carolina Solar Facts:
Want to know an interesting fact about South Carolina? The state of South Carolina produces more peaches than its neighbor to the south, Georgia, even though Georgia is the so-called “peach state.” Another interesting fact about South Carolina that you probably didn’t know? In 2017 South Carolina ranked 8th in the country in Solar Energy. Which is ironic because South Carolina was also the 8th of the original colonies (in case you were wondering.) Cities such as Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Clemson, Spartanburg and other areas all across the state are powering the expansion of solar. The cost of solar panels are also on the decline in South Carolina. A little-known fact is that the price of solar has fallen over 47% in the last five years. And in addition to that, the cost for homeowners in South Carolina to go solar is $0 up front, $0 for install. That’s just one of the many benefits to going solar in South Carolina. Check out our list below of just some of the advantages to installing solar panels on your home.
Take advantage of all the financial incentives such as:
- 30% Federal Tax Credit (ITC Tax Credit). In 2019 the credit is 30% and in 2020 it goes to a 26% tax credit. So act now and take advantage of the 30% tax credit while it’s available
- You can have your system paid off within 8-12 years if you choose to finance, and then your energy cost will be essentially $0 per month
- There are both leasing and financing options available, so we can come up with an option that best fits your situation
- The main utility companies switching to solar are Duke Energy, Broad River Electric, Blue Ridge Electric, Tri-County Electric, Palmetto Electric, Coastal Electric, and Lockhart Power. And don’t worry, if there’s a power outage or downed line, your utility company will still handle the problem just like they do now
- Energy rates typically increase 4% a year through utility companies. With solar, you are locking in a fixed rate that cannot increase. Thus, protecting you from an increase in rates from your utility company
- Currently, there are over 60 Solar Companies in South Carolina. That’s why it is vital to work with Tru Power Solar Energy because we know the best of the best and will only put you in contact with the highest reviewed solar companies. That way you can avoid the headaches of potentially dealing with a subpar solar company .
- If you sell your home and own the solar system, it will add value to your home. Because who doesn’t like adding value to their home?
- If you sell your home before the system is paid off, the new homeowners can take over the loan agreement or put the remainder of the loan balance in the cost of the home
Now is the time to consider Solar Energy in South Carolina. It’s not just homeowners taking advantage of solar either, there are several major companies in South Carolina who have chosen to go solar. These companies include Boeing, General Growth Properties and Target. If these large companies are choosing to go solar, don’t you think it’s time for you to consider it as well? Don’t wait, reach out to Tru Power Solar Energy today and let us put you in touch with a solar company near you who can show you what you can save by going solar.